Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Four P's

This has been a week of marketing. And the first thing that comes to mind when I think of marketing (thanks to my undergrad classes at GC&SU - which I noticed is now officially just 'GC') are the Four P's: product, price, place, and promotion. The first product I placed (after deciding on the right price and how to promote it) was a fresh batch of my headbands - they are now being sold at the register at Republic Salon! Yay! I'm still working on getting good photos of them so I can stock my etsy shop, though (www.etsy.com/shop/scarboroughfare). 



The other product I'm promoting is, well, myself ! This morning I fluffed my hair and hit the pavement to visit some principals around town tomorrow and distribute my resume. I have already tried emails and phone calls, but since there is a lot of competition out there, I needed to get more aggressive and go in person. Towards the end of my route, I received an email from Clarke County HR stating that my applications have been denied because I wasn't an "eligible candidate". Well this would certainly explain my lack of interviews! Since pouting most definitely is NOT one of the Four P's, I sucked it up and got to the bottom of what it was I needed to do to become "eligible". I'm happy to say I have it all taken care of, so GAME ON. The only thing left to do is (what I think should be) the 5th P...pray.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Crossing my fingers for you...I am all too familiar with that road! You and Mark can always move to AD...we are hiring:)