Sunday, November 7, 2010

What's New With You?!

...It's something I've been asked a lot as of late. I love catching up with friends, but for some reason, I am always overwhelmed with this question! Why can't I just say, "Oh, not much - doing alright - can't complain", and the like. Somehow, I always end up feeling like I have to come up with something really interesting to say. Well, sometimes life just isn't that interesting! Ya know?! I mean, things are happening...but how do you sum up weeks of various occurrences into one short, witty response?! What do you say, and what would be better left out?

In an effort to clear a few things up, I will attempt to answer the question:
 "So, Stefanie, how are you? What have you been up to?"

Well, the other day I almost lost a finger chopping cabbage for dinner. I had to wear a gross bandage for like a week, and all the kids I subbed for during that time kept asking me what was wrong with me. I couldn't type very good, yet I had 2 research papers to write. Just perfect.

On that note, I've had to research, read, annotate and write about dozens of articles for school. I am soooo over research. I feel like that's all I've been doing!

I got a new phone, and have developed a serious addiction to "Unblock Me", a mind boggling, time-wasting, block-shifting nightmare, and another game called "Bistro Chef"...I'm thinking about posting the video Mark made of me playing it one night, so stay tuned for that.


Mark's brother got married in St. Simons - beautiful wedding! We had a blast.


I have become addicted to jalapenos. It's really bizarre. Like, REALLY addicted.

We went to Milledgeville for Deep Roots Festival and caught up with a few of my favorite people from my days at Green Acres (and yes, it most definitely IS the place to be).

I went up to Helen, GA for Oktoberfest with my girlfriends, had a blast, but came home to find flat tires on my car. Had to get 4 new ones. Ouch.


Not pictured, the lovely Miss Pace (behind the camera)

I just received my official Student Teaching letter today, and will be starting in 4th Grade at Chase Street Elementary School in January! I am so excited!
I'm also taking the GACE in January - I am NOT excited about that.

I hosted a Tupperware Party and now am the proud owner of a 7-piece Fridge Smart set! I LOVE IT! If you do not own any, you are missing out - I'm telling you! It's amazing. It keeps produce fresh for WEEKS longer than before! No more throwing away food before we even have a chance to eat it! And leftover salad? Not going in the trash any more! That's right! You can SAVE SALAD and it's not a wilty mess with Fridge Smart! And they didn't even pay me to say that! Plus, my fridge is so organized and clean looking.

This is not my fridge, BTW...
So that's pretty much it for now. We've got a lot coming up in November and December, but this is a 'catch up' blog, so I'll have to just save that for another day ;)

5 comments:

Stephanie Voegele said...

nice f!!!!!!!! love the tupper and im jealous i couldnt join ya in helen! looked like fun!

The Robust Buffet said...

save salads for weeks? no way.

The Robust Buffet said...

save salads for weeks? no way.

Stefanie Scarborough said...

Dude! Well, maybe the salad (without dressing)would keep for about a week - maybe a little longer...but that's way better than not even surviving until the next day in the fridge!! I think the lady told me that broccoli would stay for something rediculous like, 3 weeks! I'm still taking last minute orders, btw ;)

Karmen Duncan said...

I LOVE unblock me!!!!! And i love you. Let's catch up asap!!! xoxoxoo -kd