Monday, March 28, 2011

One Man's Trash...

is a new teacher's total SCORE!
Fantastic Freebies - just part of the loot I brought home after raiding the reuse store last week.
Tempera paint...are you KIDDING me?! *yes pump* Smells like elementary art class heaven in my trunk.

Last week, thanks to my awesome host teacher, I discovered the wonders of the Clarke County Teacher Reuse Store! Here's the concept: the "store" is a collaboration of business, industry, education, and government partnerships (donations are collected and organized at the Athens-Clarke County Solid Waste Department). The store provides an innovative approach to the recovery and reuse of business and industry discards. This event was created to provide a variety of items to local educators for free while encouraging the reuse and recycling of items that may have otherwise found their way to the landfill - so it's a win-win situation! Sorry - it's only for teachers though...just one of the perks, I guess ;) I AM GETTING SO EXCITED! I'm almost done with my program....now all's I need is a classroom to put this stuff in and young minds to mold, people!
These boxes are full of foam core poster boards for kids to use for presentations, etc.
I have no idea what this was for, but I grabbed it. It looked cool.
(Hey, you never know when you might need a wooden frame with a removable plexiglass  insert!)
This giant bag full of treasures was perhaps my favorite find. I can't wait to decorate my classroom walls with these eclectic embellishments! I have a DREAM, y'all!









1 comment:

The Robust Buffet said...

Hey I could use that wooden frame with a removeable plexiglass insert